The Castle’s main entrance and exit is through the Shop so as your first port of call, you’ll find a warm welcome waiting for you from the Shop’s friendly staff. Browsing in the Shop you’ll find a good range of books and gifts for adults and children alike at a price to suit every pocket.
Our purchasing policy is to support local producers in order to reduce the Shop’s’ carbon footprint. Consequently every effort is made to source and support Cornish or west country producers – biscuits, fudge, sea salt, pilchards, chocolate and more. In fact our Cornish fudge and butter tablet has proved to be so popular that we regularly send supplies to those visitors hopelessly addicted!
The Shop sells several unusual items like Tide Times elegant clocks made from recycled plastic coffee cups.
There’s a good range of books including local and Celtic history books, walks, natural history and food. There’s a fine selection of Cornish-made pewter and silver jewellery, Cornish organic skin care and lovely cards by Cornish artists. Children are not forgotten and the Shop has a good range of pocket-money, or stocking-filler items.
So whether you’re looking for a gift, something yummy or just a ‘little bit of Cornwall’ to take home, then The Castle Shop is the place for you.
The Shop also provides:
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff as first point of contact for wedding enquiries
- Free gift wrapping service
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff as first point of contact for archive enquiries
- Gift hampers on request
- Gift vouchers to the value of £5, £10, £20
- Heritage Centre Season Tickets
- Acts as a box office for touring theatre companies visiting Bude
- Sales point for Gallery sales
- Takes bookings for Castle workshops